A dental crown is a snugly fitting tooth shaped cap that is permanently cemented on a tooth. It is used as a long-term solution to restore a tooth’s shape, size, strength and improve its appearance.
A dental crown is used to:
- Restore a broken tooth
- Cover a misshaped or severely discoloured tooth
- Repair a severely worn down tooth
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking (particularly after a root canal treatment)
- Hold together a cracked tooth
- Support a tooth with a large filling
- Cover a dental implant
- Hold a dental bridge in place
Dental crowns can be made of porcelain and metal or ceramic material. If you require a dental crown, our dentists will discuss with you options that meet your individual needs.